OK, not exactly the progress I had hoped I’d make today on a story I’m doing for fun, but sometimes technology gets you and sometimes you get technology.
I have a writing app on my iPad and up until now, it’s been pretty darn good for a free app. *cue dramatic music* Up until now, that is.
Today, when I wanted to mail the file to myself so I could work on it on my main writing computer, it wouldn’t mail. I did everything according to the manual and all the app would do is throw me out back to a main screen. That, my friends, is not useful.
I fought with the app off and on all day today. Even the app support team wasn’t sure what was going on here. I was about to give up, when I decided I’d try one last thing. I managed to copy the file and posted it into my “Notes” page, and then from there, I copied it into the body of the email instead of attaching it as a file. Luckily, I hadn’t written that much (it’s the first chapter), so the file went through the aether and voila, it’s in my regular mail file.
So, while I didn’t get to add more words to “Cat and Mouse”, I at least have it on the regular computer, saved, and ready to go tomorrow. I want to get this chapter done and off to a couple of beta readers I know before I push on with the project. It’s going to be a serialized novel and strictly “for the love”. It was a project I was really hoping I’d get the chance to write for, but it never got off the ground. Still, I had the outline and all the character sheets done, so I figure it’s good practice as long as I’m making progress on my other stories.
So, besides this and working on updating my web site that’s pretty much been my President’s day off.