I finally split my professional e-mail away from my Yahoo account. Since I made my (entirely too far out-of-date) website, I've just routed any mail from www.nightwolfgraphics.com to my Yahoo account. I figured it was just easier to have one site to go to check mail. I created a hotmail account for any on-line registration stuff I had to do, anticipating all of that would wind up in the spam realm anyway. However, the Yahoo account is drawing more and more spam to it (actually, more than the hotmail one to my surprise).
So, I've left the info@ and webmaster@ still directed to the Yahoo beast and have officially moved my r underscore white at nighwolfgraphics dot com mail to the Thunderbird e-mail client (and soon will be moving the mail addressed to the newly purchased richardcwhite dot com domain also - go me!)
However, being mostly IT inept, it wasn't quite as easy as that.
It took forever to get the server user name right . . . then there were problems setting up the authentication, then getting the ports right, then . . .
Well, there's a reason I married a computer scientist. *grin*
Still, being the old-school hacker that I am, I kept poking away at it figuring I'd either get it right or else bust it and then I'd just have to reload Thunderbird and start again. Took me about an hour and a half, but it's done now, so I have an official by God mail client for professional purposes and the Yahoo client which can be used for darn near anything else I want.
Perhaps lots of work for what appears to be little gain, but I'll take my victories where I can get them.